Ballroom & Latin Social Dance
About This Workshop
This Workshop highlight two (2) dance styles – (1) Ballroom style and (1) Latin style (sometimes a smidgen more).
This program will expand your repertoire in a varied range of fun dance styles.
The styles taught change every for (4) weeks. Here is the current schedule for 2019:
- Rock’n’Roll – 8th January
- Waltz – 5th February
- Cha Cha – 12th March
- Club Latin (Bachata, Merengue & Salsa) – 9th April
- Rumba – 7th May
- Social Foxtrot – 04th Jun
- Rueda – 2nd July
- Rock’n’Roll – 30th July
- Waltz – 27th August
- Cha Cha – 24th September
- Club Latin – 22nd October
- Rueda – 19th November
Special Note: You DON’T have to come along to every Workshop. Come along to just ONE Workshop and get the basics and a small routine. Come along to ALL the Workshops and get LOTS of steps and a longer routine.
What Will I Learn?
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced moves suitable for your experience;
- Visually exciting routines & choreography;
- Lead and Follow techniques;
- Floorcraft and dance etiquette.
When Can I Start?
Any Tuesday evening at 7.00pm sharp – we have Teachers for all levels waiting to assist.
Who Should Do This Workshop?
Each workshop provides several teachers looking after Beginners, Novice and Advanced dancers.
If you are a Beginner you can start ANY workshop – we have dance teachers just waiting for you to come up the stairs!
If you’re a newer dancer, we start off with the basics and some fundamental figures to get you onto the floor quickly!
If you’re an experienced dancer we’ll give you suitable figures, routines and choreography to challenge you and keep your dancing interesting.
- All practical lessons PLUS guided Practica each session;
- Printed Workshop outline and choreography;
- Free access to online videos via the Studio App;
- Standing invitation to join in Club and other visists to practice your moves;
- Bonus free Practice Time in the Studio.
What to wear?
The Studio is fully air conditioned, but you’ll probably get hot, so layers are good. We suggest neat comfortable clothing – preferably NOT gym wear.
As to footwear, the top of the “wish list” is leather soled dance shoes, but many new dancers don’t have them (yet ;-).
Ladies, any comfortable shoe, but avoid platform soles (no flexibility), plastic soles (they slide on the polished wood floors), or shoes that don’t capture your heel (might come off in a spin). A court shoe works just fine.
Men, again, any comfortable shoe, preferably with a leather soles.
In any case, even sneakers will be OK for your first Workshops, and then you can decide which way you’d like to go.
These workshops can be paid by using your DanceCard:
- One only Workshop – $20;
- DanceCard of 5 Workshops – $80 ($16 per Workshop);
- DanceCard of 11 Workshops – $160 (about $14.50 per Workshop)
DanceCards last 12 months. Every time you attend a Workshop we “click” your DanceCard. If say, you need to work and can’t come along to your regular Workshop, YOU DON’T LOOSE IT. This way you come along to suit YOUR schedule!
Free Trial Lesson
Complete the “Free Intro Form” to join in the fun sooner!
Don’t be afraid of trying out the Free Intro Lesson – that’s what it’s there for ;-).
If you want to know more about the Free Intro Dance Lesson before claiming yours, just click on the RED button below.
See you on the floor!